Become a Member of MHAA / Renew your Membership
Membership dues are $25 per year (plus a transaction fee if you pay online).
Membership renewals are one year from the last time you paid dues.
What do YOU get as a member of MHAA?
In addition to a warm fuzzy feeling for supporting the club, members receive the following benefits:
- Members can borrow club telescopes, imagers, and other equipment
- Members can borrow from our DVD collection
- Members can participate in our on-line chat group at midhudsonastro.slack.com
- Members can participate in annual club events, like our Members Dinner
How does your membership support MHAA?
Member dues support the overall mission of the club to provide astronomy education and outreach to our local community. They enable us to afford:
- the insurance required for some of our events
- a Meetup.com account for event coordination
- a Zoom Pro account for virtual meetings
- to pay some of our speakers for their presentations at our monthly meetings
- club equipment maintenance (telescopes, tripods, and imagers)
- publicity fees
- prizes we donate to local science fairs
Paying membership dues:
- On-Line: Pay $25 (plus $1 fee) through PayPal
- In Person: Bring cash or a check for $25 (made out to MHAA) to one of our monthly star parties or monthly meetings and hand it to one of the MHAA officers.
- By Mail: Send a check for $25 (made out to MHAA) to the Treasurer at:
Mid-Hudson Astronomical Association
Eric Myers, Treasurer
14 Spy Hill
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
New Members - Send us your Contact Information
Since we do so much online now, we primarily need your name and email address. Your can optionally provide your car license plate, make, and model for when we create the Star Party attendance lists (as is required by the State Police), but you can choose to provide your car details each time you RSVP through Meetup if you prefer. We promise not to share any of your info with anyone else without your permission.
Thank you for supporting MHAA!